Saturday, July 30, 2011

...3...


I freaking love Scott Pilgrim! I had a different #3 lined up but I saw this and decided it was the one. No other #3 would work.

So my good DS pal Heidi started a thread on OH that got people thinking about all the things they want to be able to do post-op. This is a sensitive subject for me but it really is a very good subject. So many people who aren't overweight have no idea how many things we just cannot do. They have no idea how much we miss out on, even the simplest things. So I am going to step WAY out of my comfort zone and post my own "skinny bucket list" of sorts.

Stephanie's Skinny List:
--in no particular order--
*Shop at ANY store that I want, particularly Victoria's Secret, Forever 21, Lucky, Charlotte Russe
*Wear SEXY panties and actually look/feel sexy in them
*Wear high heels- I'm talking at least 4 1/2 inches
*Wear red lipstick- I know this one will throw some of you but red lipstick looks so much different on a thin face than it does a round one!
*Wrap a normal sized bath towel around my entire body
*Be able to take a bath and have the water completely cover me
*Sit in a restaurant booth without it digging into my gut
*Sit on a plastic chair without holding my breath (because you know- holding your breath helps you weigh less, lol)
*Have a much more X-rated sex life (I won't go into too much detail here, you get the point)
*Wear bracelets that actually fit over my huge ape hands
*Wear head bands that won't slide off my head
*Go to water parks and play on the slides
*Wear a bathing suit in public
*Walk the mall without getting winded
*Get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy
*Go to the baseball or football games and fit comfortably in the stadium chairs
*Be able to use both arm rests at the movie theatre
*Live in Arizona without going all summer in long sleeve shirts to hide my grandma arms
*LOOK my age! I'm 26 dammit, my 23 year old sister is NOT my daughter!
*Look good in leggings/jeggings/ or skinny jeans...or jeans in general!
*Wear boots that go up higher than my ankle
*Sit on the bed without it sounding like it's dying
*Sit in my office chair and have the arms hit the table before my belly
*Be able to bend over enough to give myself a pedicure
*Go to any amusement park and not have to freak out the entire time wondering if I'll fit in the ride
*Ride a bike again
*Play Just Dance w/o looking like a retard (ok I probably still will, but at least I'll be a skinnier retard)
*Start my "career" that requires a much higher self esteem than I currently have
*Not look at every person in a room to see if I'm the biggest one
*Not feel like everyone is judging me or secretly making fun of my size
*Not HAVE to ride shot gun because I can't squeeze my fat ass in the back seat of a coup or because the back seat belts don't fit me
*Fly comfortably in any airplane seat w/o a seat belt extender
*Jump on a trampoline or a bouncy house
*Go paragliding
*Go sky diving
*Be proud to go to my 10 year high school reunion
*Not have to buy necklace extenders
*Go jogging
*Run a marathon
*Get massages without being afraid of if the table is big enough or if the masseuse is grossed out by my fat back
*Get a Brazilian bikini wax w/o having to hold my gut up and go doggy style on the table and grossing out the waxer (I haven't had this experience but this fear prevents me from trying)
*Sit on any furniture w/o fear if it buckling under my weight
*Not be forced to shop at Lane Bryant, Torrid, and Old Navy plus size
*Not have to buy maternity tankinis so that the top goes down low enough to cover my gut
*Just over all feel more comfortable in my own skin so that I can go out and live and enjoy life without my weight holding me back!!!

I'm sure I'll think of WAY more, so maybe there will be a "part 2" to this, but for now this is a good list. And I'm late in posting this anyway as it is now 2:23am on day 2, not day 3. Oh well.

Today was productive! I bought a recliner! It's small, kinda flimsy, cheap- but you get what you pay for, it was only $150 brand new. I was going to get a used one from Craigslist but my friend freaked me out about bed bugs and ticks and stuff so I got the heeby geebiez and decided against that rout. I was going to rent one from Rent-A-Center, but it was going to cost about $130 for two months, and the recliner wasn't that much bigger than this one, so I figured for a few more bucks I'd get this and keep it as long as I want. It's cheap, I wouldn't buy it if I wanted to really use it a lot for a long time, but it really only has to last me a few months and then if it decides to die, then I won't be too heartbroken.
I also got pretty much all of my cleaning done. I still have a few things but not much.

Tomorrow (later today) I am going to make my post-op soups, finish cleaning, and then just RELAX the rest of the day. :) I'm starting to get excited!

2 comments:

  1. I'm sooooooo excited for you Stephanie and love all your reasons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love IT! I agree with all of your list and I'm going to make one on my blog. I have more than 5 things. :)

    I think it's like playing the "if I won the lottery I'd get" game, except this is REALLY going to happen! Can you believe it! OMG I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete