Saturday, July 30, 2011

...4...



HOLY COW...4 days! Today is my last official work day, although I will probably end up working overtime tomorrow. Hey- I've got a lot of medical bills to re-coup from!

So I got brave today and made my first protein shake from one of the many samples I got from VitaLady! And I made it in my Blender Bottle for the first time!





I tried ProBlend 55 in Mocha Cappuccino

The stats are as follows:
Calories- 275
Fat- 3g
Sat fat- 1.5g
Cholesterol- 42mg
Cabs- 7g
Fiber- 0
Sugars- 4g
Protein- 55g
Sodium- 105mg
Pro-Digestive Blend- 115mg (idk what this is)

This is a whey protein and you know what??? I don't hate it!! :D Really I don't. My thing has always been texture. The pre-made protein shakes don't taste bad but they are so thick and that triggers my gag reflexes. For this one I poured the whole sample packet into my blender bottle. One packet is one serving and that's 2 scoops. I filled mine with skim milk, NOT water (bleck!) and I poured about 8oz into it. I shook it up really good and then added about 5 ice cubes and shook some more. It was really frothy and foamy (another gag trigger of mine) so I let it "settle" for a couple minutes and when it looked smooth and creamy I braced myself, took a deep breath, and took a swig. And it's not bad at all! I'm not sure I'd say it tastes anything like a mocha cappuccino, but did I really expect it to? If I want that taste I'll try the Click protein powders that EggFace uses to make faux frappuccinos. :) So I'm rather pleased with myself and with my first real test of protein powders.

The million dollar question- would I buy this flavor in a tub? (for future reference, this will always be the million dollar question and it means if I like it enough to shell out the $$ for a tub of it)...and the answer is- probably not this flavor, but I would absolutely buy more samples :) and I'm excited to try more flavors by this brand.

Well I suppose I better TRY to get back to work, although I'm pretty convinced it's a lost cause at this point. I hope you all have great weekends!

3 comments:

  1. I tried to make the protein coffee and the only powder I had was the Jillian Michael's stuff. I made my coffee and put the powder in. There was sooo much powder for two scoops. With 16oz of coffee, it just made a disgusting sludge.

    So, is your protein powder more condensed or is it a ton of powder that 2 cups of liquid are only going to create mud? Also, if I already asked you this, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The label on the sample package said it was one serving/ 2 scoops. I dumped the whole bag in my blender bottle and it came up a bit under the 4oz marker. Then I added about 8oz of milk and it wasn't at all sludgy. If it was I wouldn't have even tried to drink it, lol. I can't stand thick drinks unless they are actual milkshakes or blended ice coffee. I've never tried the Jillian Michael's. What protein coffee are you making? The one that's always posted on OH?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A version. I had two scoops and 16 oz of fluid and it was like mud. Nasty, gritty, flavorless mud. I think I need a new protein powder. That one got me through WW times, but I don't think it's going to go the distance after surgery.

    ReplyDelete