Saturday, August 6, 2011

...6...


Less than a week until my new surgery date :) I am feeling a bit better about it now. Six days is not that long! The only crappy part is that I have everything done and prepared now, so I have nothing to procrastinate with that will help the time fly. I always procrastinate and then the time zooms by because I don't want to do the thing I have to do that I'm not. Make sense? ;)

A couple blog posts back I was asked about my peanut butter milkshakes that I make. Well here ya go...easy peasy rice and cheesy:

You'll need:
* A blender
* All natural peanut butter (I USUALLY use the "grind it yourself" kind but I moved recently and can't find a store here that has the machine :( so for now I've been using Jiff Naturals)
*Milk (I use skim, not because it's less fat but because I LOVE skim milk- however yesterday I made this with lactose free milk and you can't even tell)
* No sugar added vanilla ice cream



Pour milk until it just covers the blades of the blender.
Then add a huge spoon full of peanut butter (this will depend on your taste- I personally like mine REALLY peanut buttery, others may not).
Then add a few scoops of ice cream (again- your taste, do you want a LOT of milkshake? Do you want yours really thick or thinner?).
And then blend away!


Pour into a vintage milkshake glass and add a milkshake straw and enjoy!


I don't have the nutritional stats on this, but in essence it's high protein and no added sugars. Of course there are some natural sugars from the milk/dairy but I'm also still pre-op so I choose to indulge. I would probably indulge in the post-op too if I can handle dairy. And if I can't, then I saw some "no sugar added lactose free" vanilla ice cream at the store, problem solved :) At some point I'll get brave and experiment with some protein powder mixed in. But right now my thoughts are "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!"


I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Careful with this post op. Peanuts have tons of fiber in them and can irritate our new gut structure at first.

    I made boiled peanuts and I thought I was going to DIE. I figured they were soft and full of protein, they had to be awesome. WRONG. I miss my peanuts.... I can't wait to try them again.

    BTW: this looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete