Thursday, July 21, 2011

...12...

Ok folks...today is the day. I am officially starting my attempts at a liquid diet. This posting will serve a double purpose as it is a countdown post as well as my very first protein shake sample review!



I'll be honest, I'm scared. The last 4 times I've had protein shakes I've gagged, so I'm afraid of trying one and not liking it and then trying all of them and not liking any of them and then having to struggle constantly to get enough protein in post-op.


First up in the long line of protein shake tests is



OhYeah! Chocolate Milkshake!


Calories: 220
Total Fat: 9 grams
Sat Fat: 1.5
Cholesterol: 20mg
Sodium: 350mg
Potassium: 560 mg
Total Carbs: 6 g
Fiber: 3 g
Sugars: 3g
Protein: 32g

Overall it was not bad, I was able to drink the whole thing and only made one face. It's a texture thing, I don't like my milk drinks that thick unless they're frozen. Which is precisely why I am confident that I'll be fine with protein ice cream and blended protein drinks :) ala EggFace. It didn't have that super strong protein taste, which is good.


Conjecture: Not bad since it comes pre-bottled and mixed, would do in a pinch while traveling or away from a blender. I would be able to drink this again.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like Mr. Burns, excellent. :)

    You try them all out first, great plan! Hope you're feeling better from yesterday.

    ReplyDelete