Friday, July 22, 2011

...11...



I'm posting this a little early to try to keep myself from grabbing my keys and hitting up Jack in the Box since I'm SUPPOSED to be on my pre-op liquid diet right now.


For you long time followers you'll recognize my word "hangry" a LOT in the next 11 posts. For those of you who are new to my blog, "Hangry" is when I am so hungry that it has made me angry. I am one of those people that if I'm really hungry for long I get seriously grouchy. And right now I am HANGRY!!! I hate liquid diets so much! At least I got through the day though. I swear I'm already hallucinating. I swear I smell something yummy, I can't quite put my finger on it but I think it kind of smells toasted. Like garlic bread or something....mmmmm....omg yumm.


I do understand the necessity of a liquid diet but that doesn't mean I have to enjoy it. At least my nutritionist at my surgeon's office said I could have some ice cream, just not too much :) That helps taste wise, but still doesn't fill me up.


I can't believe I'm 11 days away from surgery! It feels like no time at all and forever at the same time. I'm anxious because I want all of this done once and for all. I can't take the daily stresses that keep managing to find their way to me. I can't take the anticipation. And I've learned to completely loathe the phrase "after my surgery." It seems like my entire life is revolving around "after my surgery." Well let's get that part done so that my life can start, can we please?


But I'm also starting to feel the "I'm not ready!" stresses. I feel like I still have so much to do. I'm still 11 days away and I'm bothered by the fact that my hospital bag isn't packed and that I don't have my home made soups frozen yet. I know I'm over thinking all of this, it's an OCD thing. I just can't help it though. Tomorrow will feel productive though because I'll have all my money issues taken care of, my short term disability requests will be filled out and submitted, and maybe I'll get going on that soup.


I want to feel 110% ready to go the night before my surgery. I would rather feel that I've done way too much and over planned for everything than to feel like I'm forgetting something or that I need more time. I also have decided that I am going to go to the spa college near by for some relaxation and pampering the day before my surgery. I have some coupons for half off their services and I think it'll help me feel better the next day to not be so tense and wound up. A facial and a nice massage sound like just the ticket :)

No comments:

Post a Comment