Tuesday, August 9, 2011

...2...

Wait...did I forget 3? NOPE!! It's 2 :) Lemme 'splain.

I had my appointment with Dr. Juarez today. I LOVE him. He is funny, he's super nice, he's extremely smart and more importantly, he treats me like I'm extremely smart. When he was discussing the actual procedure he didn't "dumb down" the medical terms. He talked to me like a colleague, not an ignorant patient who doesn't know what the hell she's doing. I very much appreciate when doctors do that. If I don't understand something, I'll ask, but otherwise just assume that I have done my research on this enough to know what a bouge is. Anyway, I'm VERY impressed. For anyone who says he is old and his hands are shaky...I call bullshit. He may be older, but that means more experienced. I watched his hands closely the entire visit and they were steadier than mine! Also, side note, my blood pressure was low today :/ that's strange seeing as how it's usually high and I am under a lot of stress right now. Oh well. Moving on.


Kristie, the surgeon's schedule coordinator, is just WONDERFUL! I mean...over the top, goes above and beyond, just really gets things done...WONDERFUL! In the face of chaos she totally stepped up, even took time out of her vacation she was supposed to be on, and really fixed the mess that Dr. Husted left behind. Everyone at the Bridges center has been wonderful. I don't think I've met one person there who didn't go a step above and beyond. Well...this isn't including the "nurse" who tried to teach the seminar in Reshma's place. Ugh. But everyone else, specifically Reshma and Kristie have left profound impressions on me.

Today Kristie came in and talked to me for a bit. She apologized for the mess we were in because of Dr. Husted, and then she confirmed everything for me schedule wise. Instead of sending me home with an "I'll call you" she called the operating room right that second to confirm. Also, it turns out that Dr. Juarez wasn't even scheduled to do surgeries this weekend, he was on call. But he agreed to schedule me since he knew what happened w/Dr. Husted. :) That made me feel all warm and fuzzy. So just as Kristie is wrapping up confirmations with me, Dr. Juarez comes in and says "I'm actually going to move you to a different date." And I PANIC- but only on the inside, this was a private panic. He immediately followed with "I'm going to have you scheduled for Thursday instead of Friday." PHEWW! YAY!!! ONE DAY EARLY! So poor Kristie, she had to re-schedule some other stuff to get me in on Thursday, but I am just so thankful that they did that for me. I feel important and not like just another fat person to get done with. I have felt that way with other places and other doctors before and it's not a good feeling.

So anyway...that means I am done with work for the next couple of weeks! Woo hoo! And I'm feeling REALLY good right now. Much better than I've felt in a while.





Now the FUN stuff I wanted to post yesterday but didn't. I've been on a liquid diet for a while now, lol, but I wanted to mix it up with some ice cream. I've been in such an ice cream mood for a while now, and it's HOT, 107 degrees HOT today! So why not?! It's liquid-y :)

I tried an EggFace ice cream FINALLY! :)


For my first attempt, I made Shelly's Caramel Swirl. Please click on the link for the recipe. I don't want to have anyone mistake this for MY recipe, because I didn't adjust or change anything. All the credit goes to Shelly on this one :)


I froze my ice cream maker bowl for 24 hours and it was COLD. It kind of over froze the ice cream I think :/ The ice cream on the bottom of the bowl was so hard I couldn't scoop it out at all. So perhaps I'll try the recommended 12 hours next time. But I did buy that milk frother that EggFace uses, and it does make a HUGE difference in texture and volume. Oh, speaking of volume--this makes like 1 or 2 servings max. For some reason I was expecting a lot more. I have no idea why, lol, but I was shocked to see maybe 2 scoops worth of ice cream in the mixer. Oh well, I guess that makes sense since this is a WLS recipe.






For the protein powder I used All Max/ IsoNatural from my many VitaLady samples....HOLD EVERYTHING!! OMG!!!! I just realized what a TARD I am. Great...after I just spouted off about how intelligent I am up above. You can't hide from the blonde forever. I was looking at the sample bag to tell you the flavor and guess what...I used UNFLAVORED protein powder on accident. It was white, I thought it was vanilla! XD wow Steph. OK well then this may not be the BEST sample for protein ice cream, but honestly it didn't taste horrible, the tiny lick I had off the spatula. Although now I'm excited to try it with an actual flavored protein powder :) But for now I'll wait for this batch to harden up in the freezer and then let you all know how the un-flavored caramel ice cream tastes :) It's been a LOOONNG day and clearly I need to go to bed! :) G'night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment