Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Breakfast Idea!

Sorry these are late! Hold tight because I'm going to be posting about...oh...maybe 3 super yummy posts :)

Up first (or last by the time you get down here) is Bacon Cheeseburger Bites (a la eggface and then a la me!) :
These are WONDERFULLY satisfying and full of protein.

1/2 Yellow or sweet onion, diced ( I used a walla walla sweet)
2 green onions, diced
1/2 lb ground beef (I used left overs from a roast I made and ground the already cooked meat myself)
5 eggs
2 TBS bacon bits (eggface used bacon bits, I used low sodium no sugar added bacon, cooked, drained, and chopped up myself- much tastier in my opinion)
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
dash of seasoned salt ( I just used regular Kosher salt)
a few twists of black pepper



Saute onions (both yellow and green) until the yellow ones are soft and golden.
If you are using raw ground beef, add that to the onions and cook until there's no more pink.
Then set aside to cool:

Mix all the other ingredients together (shown below is with the pre-cooked self-ground beef sans eggs):
Make sure the onions have cooled slightly before adding the egg mixture (otherwise you'll get some cooked egg chunks early and that's not good) and then mix it all up.
Spoon into lightly greased mini muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. One batch makes 24.

VIOLA!!

These also refrigerate and re-heat very well. I was a little worried about re-heating egg...but it's just fine :)

1 comment:

  1. Those look REALLY good! I'm going to have to give them a try. I've found some good recipes myself that I should share! I'll test them out first and then post. I'm not as good about taking pics...:)

    ReplyDelete