Monday, June 1, 2009

Testing...


Well this morning I woke up bright and early to go have all my tests done. Thankfully I was able to have them all done at the Casa Grande hospital (15 min away) instead of the Scottsdale Shea hospital (1 1/2 hours away).

I was worried because when we got there, there was a 30 minute wait JUST TO REGISTER. So after sitting in a waiting room for 30 minutes, I was taken to a separate room to fill out paperwork and sign stuff and have a lady put everything into her computer. It just seemed like un-necessary process. That took an additional 15 minutes. Then I finally got to go do the testing I was there for. That didn't take long.

I had a chest x-ray. That was odd. I had to press my chest up against a lighted box. I just felt kind of stupid, lol.

Then I went and had blood taken. My veins weren't cooperating so they had to take it from my hand (OUCH!!!!!!) and I have poke holes in my arms from where they were trying to find the blood. It hurts :(

I had to give a urine sample, which was annoying because I hadn't had anything to drink all day so it was a bit of a waiting game.

Lastly I had to do an EKG. They put the stickers all over my body then hooked me up to a million cords and wires and plugged me in. That only lasted a second. That's to make sure that my heart is strong enough to undergo surgery.

So now all I have to do is wait for them to fax all the information over to the surgeon! I'll call tomorrow to check up on that, make sure they're on top of things.

And the happy ending is that I made it home before work! YAY!!

Checklist:
*Make sure ob-gyn records are faxed --CHECK
*Have tests done--CHECK
*Call S. B. to confirm all faxes received--will do tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment