Thursday, May 28, 2009

It's Official...

glitter - http://www.sparklee.com



My surgery date is officially on June 18th, 2009! YAY!!!

Here is my VERY busy upcoming schedule:
TODAY 5/28 - Got work approval for all time off, confirmed dates w/surgeon's office
5/29- HOPEFULLY get surgeon's packet w/the paperwork needed for the tests I have to have done before the 3rd (yikes...that's really pushing it) & Behavior Mod. session w/psychiatrist Dr. Garcia
5/30-Find a fax machine if I still haven't gotten packet
6/1-Go have all tests done in AM before work (still not even sure where to do that!)
6/3-Go to Pre-Op class and pay the fees that the hospital will be charging (Yikes, have no idea how much that is going to be!)
6/5- Behavior Mod. session w/Dr. Garcia
6/9- Pre-Op appointment where I meet with the actual surgeon Dr. Blackstone (She's the ONLY female bariatric surgeon in the state and one of the few in the country) I also have to pay the surgeon's fees at this appt...$1500! Seriously that's a GREAT price!
6/12- My LAST behavior mod. session w/Dr. Garcia :) YAY!
6/18-THE BIG DAY! SURGERY DAY! Surgery will be at 11am, I have to be there 2 hours early at 9am. Surgery is only about 45 minutes, I'll be passed out and drugged the rest of the day...woo hoo! lol, jk. I will be staying overnight and released home after testing on Friday.
6/25- Post-Op class, not really sure why I have to do this, but I'm sure it's important as it's mandatory.
6/26- Post-Op appointment to get my first fill. That will be exciting because the real weight loss comes after getting a fill :) Then I'll go back in one month to check my fill and maybe get another!

So...busy, busy, busy! I am not scared yet so don't try to freak me out.
The day before surgery I will post all of my pre-op photos so that we have something to compare to :) That should be fun.

Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting for you! I'm so happy that it's finally here for you. I'm here with whatever you need. :) You post op class will entail your first meal after surgery. They will give you what you can eat for the first month. For the first week after surgery, it will be liquids only (YUCK!) Do you want me to do anything for you? Before pics? I'll help with whatever I can! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just discovered your blog from jenslapbandjourney and i thought i'd pop over and check out your journey. we were banded two days apart! mine was june 16th. hope you're getting this comment since it's so far back. looking forward to reading about your journey.

    i'm at dirttrackdiva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete