Thursday, June 23, 2011

Product Review: Hershey's Sugar Free Strawberry Syrup



To all of the Strawberry Milk fans out there....are there any left?? Well I LOVE strawberry milk, always have!


I found this SUGAR FREE strawberry syrup at the store and almost peed my pants out of excitement. Perhaps it was also because my inner child was awoken full force, she's not always potty trained.


As soon as I got home with my bright red bottle of childhood goodness now packed with adult responsibility and a fresh carton of milk I immediately made a glass.


My first reaction to the sugar free syrup was that it is incredibly thin liquid, it's not syrup by any definition. It's red water with some flavor. And that is where my little soiled pantsed inner child went back into remission and angry adult consumer came out instead. The flavor is horrible! I can't even describe it, it's kind of sour, kind of bitter but not even remotely strawberry-y. I was going to return the bottle back to the store but my inner child arose one last time and had a temper tantrum and threw the bottle in the trash.


How disappointing. I had really wanted that to work because I won't be drinking high calorie high sugar drinks much after my revision. I know I can have it as a treat once in a while, but I usually have good luck with sugar free versions of my favorites. This just was not one of them.


Hold out for the real stuff, it's the only way to go in a strawberry milk for your inner child sort of situation.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't had milk since I started my pre-opp diet. After surgery I'm having my favorite tea with heavy cream damn it!!!

    I don't mind the sugar free chocolate syrup though. I use that in shakes.

    ReplyDelete