Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Wait...you mean they listened??

I am so excited! I just got off the phone with Bridges (the name of the center I'm having my surgery at) and the gal I spoke with called me because of my complaint regarding the joke of a pre-op class I attended a couple weeks ago.

I had emailed my patient advocate and asked if I even had to go to the second pre-op class because the first one was so pointless and such a waste of my time. She jumped right on that and emailed the lady who normally does the pre-op classes (who was NOT the lady who was at the pre-op class I attended- hence the horrificness of it) and she called me right away. She apologized for the class being so horrible and said that the nurse who did give the pre-op class won't be doing it again. She wants to sit down with me and give me one on one pre-op classes and also get my opinions on how to better the pre-op class for DS patients! Now THAT is what I'm talking about :) I'm very glad to hear that they want to incorporate more DS information and make the pre-op class not all about the RNY.

I'll be going in for that on the 18th. I'll let you know how it goes :)

I'm very impressed with how quickly my complaints were escalated and listened too. Maybe all hope isn't lost just yet.

1 comment:

  1. That's great! I know how you feel about that. You have something crapy happen and you then complain about said crap and then nothing.

    ReplyDelete