Saturday, June 18, 2011

It's about time!!



Thank you SO much for those of you who still check this! I finally have some good news to share!


Insurance has FINALLY approved me!!!


It has been such a long time coming and it was NOT easy, as you all know given my last posts. Basically what's going to happen is I am going to self pay the band removal portion of my surgery only, and the insurance will pay for the rest. It's not ideal, but it's better than being a complete self pay and wasting more and more time fighting the insurance company on this. I'm not getting any younger or thinner here people!!


I am having my surgery with Dr. Husted here in Arizona. For those of you on OH who know of the Dr. Husted controversies- please, I am respectfully asking you to not put me down for my decision. I am not about to get into a surgeon war with anyone and I have made an educated decision that I am comfortable with. I only ask for your support in my surgery and surgery related questions/concerns, not my decision in my surgeon.


Anyway-- it's not 100% official yet, more like 98%, but my big day is supposed to be August 1st!! Six weeks!! AHHH!!


I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am, but nervous at the same time. It is FINALLY my time to re-join you all on the losers bench...so scootch over!


(ps- the pic is just 'cause I felt like photo whoring a good angled shot)

No comments:

Post a Comment