Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Ok, maybe it's not so bad...


Perhaps I over-reacted a tad yesterday, as it seems that the reason for the decline isn't all that bad. The insurance company denied the surgery because I didn't have an updated psychological review. The one that my surgeon's office sent was from my lap band surgery approval in 2009, so yeah, they'd want something more recent. So I have an appointment tomorrow with my same behavior modification therapist, Dr. Garcia. It'll take about 3 hours and 500 pages of questions plus the verbal part, but then I should be good to go! She'll write up her evaluation and then fax that to my surgeon's office and then they'll re-submit my request. I'm hoping for a week or so to hear back, but up to two weeks, and then it should be approved. I've gone over the requirements and I meet all of them so there really should be no reason for them to deny me again.


SO KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED!

6 comments:

  1. OOOOH! Fingers crossed. I am so hoping this works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate the psych eval part.... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed - I hope it works out Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you get your insurance and get in and have this done as soon as you can....good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck! I'm doing all of my pre-op stuff. I should be done around the end of July and then we submit. I had a psych eval, but it was just with a counselor and a psychologist. I'm hoping that was right. I get conflicting info from my insurance and from my surgeon's office staff that's interpreting my insurance.

    ReplyDelete