Monday, March 28, 2011

WHY?!

I do NOT understand why it was SO easy for me to get this crap-band put in, but now that I'm trying to revise to a surgery that will actually work for me, it's become the biggest nightmare of my life!! I can't get my insurance company to approve a revision. They said that it's not medically necessary. Despite the fact that my port is disconnected so I can't get filled OR un-filled without going in for a fluoroscope every single time, despite the fact that my band is FULL and I still don't have restriction 100% of the time, but then other times I take 1 bite and I throw up, despite the fact that it's making me sick all the time. So I re-submitted for approval for the surgery only instead of the revision, and I would pay to get the band taken out myself, and I just called and they have denied me again!! I am so livid, I don't know why they denied me, they couldn't even tell me. The crappy part of all of this, is that I'm going through a divorce and my insurance is through my husband's work, so the longer this goes out the riskier it is that I'll get kicked off of his insurance before the insurance company finally agrees. I'm waiting to hear back right now as to WHY it was declined, so that I can appeal immediately. I qualify for the surgery part itself, there is NO reason why I should be denied! I'm going to go cry.

2 comments:

  1. Take a few deep breaths and step back a bit. You can do this. It sounds like a hard time in your life. You will get thru it no matter what - think positive and don't forget to love yourself first and foremost! I notice a lot of variances in restriction too. I am also almost filled 100%. I think it has a lot to do with other elements your body is going thru. You gotta work with your band even when it is being a pain in the ass at times. Think of why you got it and maybe that might remind you how it will be worth it to keep it - for the long run - for YOU! Stay positive :-) xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things work out and you get your revision! Sorry to hear about your Divorce; but sometimes it really is for the better right? Hope youre doing ok.

    ReplyDelete