Friday, July 23, 2010

A Sign of Things to Come...at least that's what I'm telling myself:

I think God gave me a sign that I'm meant to be thin and healthy :) lol.

Last year's Victoria's Secret swimsuit collection had a bikini that I absolutely fell in love with. I've never had a bikini in my entire life, but I'm bound and determined to be able to wear a bikini someday, and I really don't care about surgery scars! And it had to be THIS bikini because I seriously could not stop thinking about it for over a year. It's just a black halter style bikini top, but the "straps" are more of a wide fabric, not strings, and my favorite feature is that in the middle of the top, where the two "triangles" come together in the middle in between your boobs, it's held together with a metal heart :) It also has an additional strap that goes under the boobs and connects with the other straps in the back . The bottoms are also just basic black bikini bottoms, but they have the fabric being held together with 2 metal hearts, one on each hip bone basically. And for whatever reason, I just LOVE that bikini more than I have ever loved an article of clothing before. But I could never bring myself to buy it because each piece was like $60 and $120 for a bikini that I was not even close to being able to wear just seemed a bit superfluous to me.

However...(I know you all knew this was coming)...
Yesterday I was browsing the VS clearance section online for super good deals to add to my thin boxes (because I still refuse to buy myself clothes in my current size, but hey...a girl's gotta shop!) and I found a couple other bikinis that were on killer sales that I decided would be good motivation. I didn't even bother looking for the black heart bikini because I'd looked when this season's bathing suits came out and it wasn't there, so I figured it was discontinued. Then I was just about to check out and saw one more thing I wanted to look at, and when I added it to my cart a bunch of pictures of things they thought I might also be interested in popped up. And guess what the first item was....YEP! It was my black heart bikini!!!!!! I swear I had looked through every single page of bathing suits and never once saw it. So I called in to place my order and asked the phone rep about 20 times if she's SURE that bikini is in stock because I will be crushed if it's only up by mistake. She said the computer system confirms that it is (although I know all about "computer systems" lol). AND it gets better....the bottoms were on sale for only $37 and the top was on sale for $30! So I absolutely couldn't refuse. BUT WAIT...that's not all! (said in my info-mercial voice)... I just happened to find it on the very last day of their extra swimsuit discount of 20% off the sale price!! So I got both pieces for a total of $56.78. More than half off the original price!

And the spookiest part of my story is that I've been TRYING to find that bikini again on their website today so that I can show you a picture of it...and it's absolutely not there. I even did a search for the item number that is shown on my order confirmation and it's just not anywhere to be found.

So I'm convinced....God wanted me to have this bikini as a sign that good health and a good body are on their way!

Good news though, because of my obsession over this bikini, I apparently saved a photo of it to my computer last year :) So I do have a pic for you! I also posted pics of the other two I got for my thin box. Someday I'll post pictures of me wearing them :) And I promise I won't look even half as good in them as the VS models, but as God as my witness...I will never wear old lady one piece again!




This one is just super cute, I love the "tattoo" design and it's just such a summery yellow.

I HAD to have an itsy bitsy teenie weenie yellow polka dot bikini...that I'll wear for the first time someday... ;)


And here it is ladies!! My heart bikini!! I don't care if you don't love it...it was meant to be.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your suits!

    I finally broke down and bought some clothes in my current size after avoiding it for a while...but it is important for us to feel good where we are, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE it!!! I've tried on bikini's and my stomach is just not looking well enough for one. But if I did want one, I would want this one!!! It's adorable and sexy at the same time. So glad you nabbed it. I agree, it was totally meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So did you notice the total of the bikini was 5678?

    ReplyDelete