Thursday, April 22, 2010

Toasty Oat Protein Balls

Shelly's Toasty Oat Protein Balls (click here for the original recipe and posting from EggFace)

1 cup oatmeal (I use steel cut, it's a different texture but the same thing)
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (I actually found this by the regular coconut!)
1/4 cup peanut butter (you all know I use the freshly ground stuff)
1/4 cup Vanilla Sugar Free Torani syrup
1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
a hand full of sliced almonds

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Spread the oats, coconut, and almonds over a baking sheet and place in the oven. Toast for about 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally.

Mix peanut butter and SF Torani syrup until well combined. Add in the toasted oats/coconut/almonds to the mix and then add the protein powder. Stir until well blended.
If your mixture is loose/a little on the soft/runny side then add a but more coconut or almonds. If your mixture is too stiff/dry then add a little more syrup.
Shape into 18-20 cocktail meatball size balls.

Refrigerate for a few hours before serving. They are great in the fridge for a few days.
I have been really loving popping one of these into my mouth when I'm craving something sweet or need a little protein boost. I haven't tried it yet, but I think these would be super yummy with some sugar free chocolate to drizzle on or dip these in.
Other variations instead of the almonds, or in addition to...could be:
*raisins
*SF chocolate chips
*minced apple (ooooh yumm!)
*other kinds of nuts
*dried fruits

No comments:

Post a Comment