Sunday, September 20, 2009

Losing More Than Just Lbs


What's this? Totally awesome shower art? No...it's not. It's my HAIR :( And that's not including what already went down the drain or what I combed out after the shower. That is just what came out in my hands after shampooing and conditioning :( Isn't that AWFUL?! Yes, it is.
If you're reading this and you're pre-surgery, don't freak out. Hair loss after surgery is common, yes, BUT I also have PCOS, so I probably lose more than most. Also, it's only temporary (I'm told!) so hopefully this will end happily soon enough!
For those of you reading this post-op...did this happen to you? For how long? When did your hair start growing back?
I'm not sure exactly what the cause of all this hair loss is, but I've read so many things it "could" be. So I've increased my protein intake (possibility #1-lack of protein), I've started taking a Hair/Nail/Skin vitamin (possibility#2- lack of important vitamins), and I just bought the #4 Nioxin system and have started using that just today (possibility #3- body is in shock/stress from surgery and rapid weight loss and new growth has stopped).
So for now I'll just have to make more shower art until my hair decides to stop abandoning my scalp.

No comments:

Post a Comment