Friday, September 11, 2009

2nd Fill Report


FINALLY I was able to get in for my second fill :) Let me tell you...I was DREADING being weighed because I know I've gained 5 1/2 lbs! I was so afraid that my Dr. was going to say "Stephanie, you are not taking this seriously and you are gaining weight! No one in our patient history has gained weight but you and we are so disappointed!" (see the psychological mess I am?)
But once again, I was proven how it is NOT the number on the scale that measures your success!!! My Dr's office has those really nice scales that send a jolt of electrons up your body and then print out a little receipt that tell you all kinds of stuff, like your BMI, your lean muscle mass, your bone density, etc. So I hopped up on the scale, she said my weight and I said "DANG IT!" because by saying the weight out loud she confirmed that I had in fact gained 5 1/2 lbs exactly. So I went back out to the waiting room and actually started crying. Yes...I started crying over 5 1/2 lbs. I know that most of you who would try and comfort me would say that 5 1/2 lbs is nothing, but when you're trying to LOSE weight, not losing anything would be frustrating enough but then GAINING is just un-acceptable.
Well, as I hinted at before, there is a happy ending. When the Dr. came in to give me my fill, I started crying again and she asked what was wrong and I said "I've gained weight and I'm so upset about it and I'm afraid I'm going to fail." She looked at me and said "Why are you gaining weight?" and I said "I don't knooowwwwww!" :( and she said, " Of course you do. Tell me why," so I went into this long explanation about how I thought maybe it was water weight from being bloated from my T.T.O.T.M. and I was rambling on and on. She stopped me and said "I highly doubt that, it's probably because you aren't filled enough yet!" and so I was excited that she wasn't trying to make me say that the real reason I gained weight was because I ate ice cream! She looked at my little receipt that the scale gave me and said that ACTUALLY, I've only gained 1.5 lbs of actual weight and then 4 lbs gained was all muscle mass!!! She told me that my overall body fat was lower than it's ever been, even with the 1.5 lbs gained :D YAY!
I got 2 more CCs in my band (for a total of 6) and am hoping that makes a big difference :) So for now I'm happy. And once again I am reminded that the numbers on the scale don't always show what's going on inside :) That'll last as long as it takes for me to start starving off of my liquid diet.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You remind us all of a wonderful point, the scale indeed does not reflect the status of our health and achievements in this journey. I am so glad that the Dr. was able to make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope it helps! and im sooo glad ur appt ended well! So glad u have a great doc from the sounds of it! :) <3 Kimmie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was smiling as I read this. I could feel something good was going to happen (that and the fact you foreshadowed it!) but what a great thing to happen to you.
    Also it was lovely to remember.. you are right. What is on the scales is not always a true indication of what's actually happening within our body. Credos to you Doc too, that she made it all a positive thing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! I always have that dreadful feeling I'm not doing good. I wished my dr. measured body fat cause I know I am smaller but the numbers on the scale are not moving. You are such a great blogger and I felt as if I were in the waiting room with you. Thanks for sharing. You have a great Dr!

    ReplyDelete