Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ahhhhhhhhh!

One week from today is my surgery date! YAY!

I've been finding that my behavior is a bit unusual lately. You know how pregnant women "nest" before they have their baby? I think I'm kind of doing the same thing. I'm not entirely sure why, but oh well :)

I've been cleaning a lot more lately. I think that's my subconscious knowing that I don't want to come home from the hospital to a dirty house. I'll be a new person when I come home, why would I want to come home to the same old messes?

I've also been pampering myself more. This is probably my subconscious way of helping me relax and take it easy so I'm not so stressed out before surgery. Everyone says that they way you go in to surgery is the way you come out. I want to come out peaceful and at ease, not tense and wound up.

So I bought these face masks at Walgreens to try. They are not the normal kind where you smear on some green stuff (although I have that too) but rather a very soft, felt like fabric that's soaked in whatever kind of rejuvenating liquid you choose. It has cut outs for your eyes, nose, and mouth. You just wash your face then slap it on. It feels GREAT! However I couldn't get mine to stay on because I kept laughing at myself in the mirror :) I really think this would work better for someone who was laying down because it does kind of slide a bit when you're sitting up. But it did feel wonderful and my skin feels very refreshed. And the best part is...when it's done, you just take it off! No peeling, no scrubbing. YAY!














3 comments:

  1. Too funny! This would just not have been the same without the picture...thanks so much for sharing that!!! I say the more pampering the better - heck for a mani-pedi while you're at it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've used those kind of masks before - They do feel surprisingly good. I actually had one put on me during a makeover in the middle of Neiman Marcus! Talk about uncomfortable. Enjoy your time before surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, found you via your comment on Dash's blog. Just wanted to wish you all the best for your surgery and assure you that this is just the best thing you will ever do for yourself!!!
    I love those masks too.....so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete