Saturday, July 16, 2011

....18....




















I will be posting every single day until my surgery, so the count down is officially on!


As you may notice I am making some changes to my blog...just felt like updating it and got some good inspiration from my friend over on Vanishing Mom's blog. I have to keep up with the times and trends :)


So I got some slightly bad news today- not in the long run, but for the short run definitely. I was originally told that the self pay amount for me to have my band removed (since my insurance isn't covering it!) would be $2500 so that's what I was saving for and planning on. Well today I was told that it would be closer to $4000!! :/ yikes! I'm kind of stressing about it to be honest, but thanks to my wonderful OH family I have some good advice to try out. First I'm going to make sure that they are charging me the BC/BS contracted price, not the full self pay price. Second, when my surgeon is inside my guts I'm going to have him take special note of ANYTHING he sees that might be the cause of why this lap-band has failed me. Then I can take that info and re-appeal the insurance company's decision to deny coverage for non-medical reasons. They might approve my appeal with actual surgeon notes saying "this" is why it was medically necessary. I'm not going to hold my breath, but it's worth a shot. And as one person said, in a couple years I won't even miss that money. I knew this would be expensive, but at least it's not as bad as being a full self pay.


Well back to trying to spruce up the ol' blog! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment