Monday, September 28, 2009

What's Happening To Me???

As you all know, I got my Nike shoes that I super love. I thought they were a pretty good price for shoes w/a hole in them (for the ipod sensor). What I didn't expect was what else came with the shoes! They're magic! All of a sudden I WANT to walk more, faster, longer, further. That's never happened before. Now I find that I'm super into sponsored walks for good causes! I'm signed up for THREE next month! Whoa!

October 11th- 2009 Komen Phoenix Race for the Cure (5K walk)
http://www.kintera.org/faf/home/ccp.asp?ievent=305284&lis=1&kntae305284=558601B6A1BE4E5FBAAE25CD8380F752&ccp=91644

October 24th- 2009 The Human Race 10K- Nike- "The Day The World Runs." (10k RUN-but I'm walking, lol)
http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikerunning_humanrace-en_US/?tags=race_day

October 31st- 2009 JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation) Walk To Cure Diabetes (5K walk)
http://jdrfdsw.org/events_phoenix_walk.html

Seriously! Three walks that have a "K" in them! That's a first for me :) I'm SO excited! I'll be posting photos of each one as I do them, of course :)

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Don't tire yourself out, of course, but you go! hhmmmm...Nike, you say? I'll have to check those out. =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. *WOW* I need to get me some of those magic shoes! lol that is sooo awesome! I actually find myself getting interested in sponsored walks as well. I signed up to do a 5K next month, "making stride against breast cancer". This will be my first one, so hopefully I survive haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cow!!! GO you.. magic shoes.. where do I get a pair??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I want some of that magic too!

    ReplyDelete