Wednesday, July 29, 2009

My First Work Out/Fill


Well I had my first fill last Friday. It went well. It doesn't hurt any more than having your blood drawn. It's a very awkward sensation having the needle hit the port though, hard to describe. I was given 4 ccs. Usually most patients only get 2 to start with, but since I've been complaining about having ZERO restriction since the day I got out of the hospital, she put more in me. Honestly I'm STILL not feeling the restriction! It's a bit frustrating, but I know that some people take a few fills to get that "sweet spot." Hopefully mine will be found soon!
At the appt, my Dr. said that she'll let me start working out on my elliptical again. I was supposed to wait 6 weeks, and it was 5 when she said I could. It's because I'm her favorite and I'm a fast healer :)
Well...originally my fitness instructor told me not to do more than 5 minutes/day to start with because it will take a while to ease back into. *phhhhhssshhh* yeah right! 5 minutes?? That's all?? So I decided to do 10 minutes on my elliptical and then 10 minutes of weights! Oh........my..........goodness. OUCH! I felt ok while I was actually working out, other than winded. But as soon as I was done and I went to go make my breakfast I about passed out on the kitchen floor! Once the eggs were safely back in the fridge I went and laid down. I felt like I was going to be sick, or black out at least.
That was nuts, I was working out a LOT longer than that BEFORE surgery, so why on earth was 20 minutes more than I could handle? Well, I guess I'm not as fast of a healer as I thought :( So I took today off from working out to "heal" from yesterday's episode!
Tomorrow I will try again. And I will only do 5 minutes :) By next week I'll be able to move to 10 minutes, then 20 the week after and so on.

4 comments:

  1. EEK! I'm glad you managed to stay upright - especially with eggs in your hands. Just goes to show us - we are not superwomen.. we just think we are! lol
    You got so much with your first fill, lucky you. I have had my 2nd one and still only have 3 cc's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephanie- Be careful, think of all those little eggs that were almost injured. Seriously take it slow, it's amazing how long it truly takes to recover. It sounds like you're feeling better- hopefully your fill will take some of the edge off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing well.....stop putting so much pressure on yourself!!! It took until my 5th fill and 6ml in my 10ml band to truely feel restriction!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I am 18 years old and overweight...

    I Love reading all your info! very inspiring!! I have 37 days till my OP and I am incredibly nervous but very excited!!

    I have noticed that alot of people have said there are foods you can't have this is something my Dr has not said!

    so now I am nervous that I am going to be deprived!!

    but your blog is inspirational - THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE!


    OMGOSH!!! - I have had none of this infromation! - my dr said i will be working out at week 4 eating normally week 3... nothing about it not feeling like it wasnt tight or anything... hmph..


    second guessing this choice or what! eeek

    ReplyDelete