Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What's For Breakfast?



One of my dear friends who had bypass recommended this Banana Bread oatmeal breakfast to me. At first I kind of turned my nose up at it because I've only ever been loyal to apple cinnamon, maple and brown sugar, or cinnamon spice Quaker oatmeal and have never felt the need to try other flavors. I'm picky with banana flavors so I wasn't sure. But then she suggested adding a spoon full of peanut butter resulting in a taste very similar to a peanut butter and banana sandwich, which I LOVE! So I tried is and WOW!
Not only does this taste wonderful, but it is SO filling due to all the protein it packs. Normally I can eat 3 little bags of oat meal in one meal, but adding peanut butter to it makes 1 bag PLENTY. Unfortunately I can't say that it's because my band is preventing me from eating more, but still, I'm anxious to see if I can even eat 1 whole bag when I am adjusted properly (fingers crossed for Friday!).
The peanut butter I use is the fresh ground, no "stuff" added kind that you grind yourself. It's just fun grinding your own peanut butter, watching the peanut reservoir go down and watching smooth creamy peanut butter come out the dispenser :) I usually fill my little bucket too much because I have so much fun just watching it :) It's the little things in life...right?
I just prefer this peanut butter to any pre-packaged kind. It doesn't have any added sugars or added fats or anything else...it's just pure natural peanut-y goodness.
So if you're in search of a very filling, very fast, very easy, and very tasty breakfast that is post-op friendly...try this :)

3 comments:

  1. OMGGGG I can't beleive you hae this peanut butter maker! My fiance has been eyeing it for over a year, and I always laughed at him because I had never heard of anyone who had one! Now that I 'know' someone maybe I will have to consider it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol What a nifty little gadget. My kids LOVE peanut butter and eat it by the gallon. One of these would sure be handy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now I feel lame, LOL...I don't actually have a grinder, that's at my grocery store :( LOL I didn't know you could buy one, that would be handy. I just love using theirs, but now I'll have to see if I can get one for my very own :)

    ReplyDelete